Federal Skilled Worker Program or FSWP is governed by Express Entry (EE) from 1st January 2015. In this immigration program, skilled workers can get an opportunity to come to Canada and work here.
If you are desirous to get to Canada under FSWP, you are required to create an Expression of Interest (EOI) by making an Express Entry profile online. A requirement is that you should be eligible to be allowed entry into Canada and must be willing to live outside Quebec.
Eligibility conditions for FSWP:
You shall be required to fulfil the basic conditions pertaining to work experience, age, language proficiency, and education level. These are stated below—
- Education: You require either a high school diploma from a Canada school or its equivalent foreign credential;
- Work Experience: Not less than 12 months of skilled work experience, which must be full-time and continuous. It must have been successfully completed within a period of the last 10 years or an equivalent amount of part-time experience. By skilled work experience, we mean experience categorized under NOC Skill Level O, A, or B;
- Language proficiency: You must have a minimum CLB(Canadian Language Benchmark) level 7 on any approved French or English language test.
- Financial support: You need to have sufficient funds for supporting yourself and your spouse/children for Canada settlement.
- Canada residence: You need to have an intention to stay outside Quebec province.
FSW Eligibility Points Grid:
On the eligibility points grid of FSW, an individual should show a score of not less than 67 points out of 100.
|Minimum required passing marks
The Application process for FSWP:
So, as mentioned above, all desirous skilled workers have to submit to IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) an EE(Express Entry) profile. Meanwhile, the immigration department does not ensure that all applicants shall become Canada permanent residence.
Nonetheless, you will be given a CRS score once you make submission of your Express Entry profile. Your CRS score shall be referred to in Express Entry draws to be made in the future period for issuing Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canada Permanent Residence.
Documents required while submission of Express Entry profile
- Test Results of Language Proficiency: You need to furnish results of any valid and duly approved language proficiency test conducted within a period of last two years. These include IELTS and CELPIP exam (available only in Canada). For French language proficiency, Test de Connaissance du francais pour le Canada (TCF Canada) and Test d’Evaluation de Francais (TEF).
- Educational Credential Assessment: You shall be required to submit your ECA(Educational Credential Assessment) by furnishing your ECA report being a proof of your foreign education as per standards of Canada. ECA reports can be issued by any of the five Canadian organizations. However, if you have Canada education credentials, there is no need of getting attested by an organization.
- Identification documents: These include valid passports for the purposes of travel. Then is the application process’ second stage when any applicant gets an ITA for Canada permanent residency. For this stage, 60 days shall be provided to the applicant for the preparation and submission of eAPR (electronic Application for Permanent Residence).
Remember, your high CRS score is instrumental in securing your chances of getting an ITA. So, aim to get a high CRS score or you should improve your score if you get low ranking.