Canada Express Entry Process
Express Entry was launched by the federal government way back in 2015. Selection of immigrants in done on the skill-sets and experience needed for giving a quick boost to the federal economy. Express Entry is simply an online process which is rank-based. It selects immigrant applications for qualified and skilled individuals willing to move to Canada.
Requirements for Canada Express Entry—
- You will require a valid offer of a job of one year.
- For Canada study, you shall be given extra points.
- You don’t need an LMIA for a few job offers.
Canada allows its territories and provinces to recruit individuals from Canada Express Entry under PNPs for meeting the needs of the local job market.
To be eligible to apply for Express Entry Canada, you have to assure your eligibility under any of the following Canada immigration programs—
- Federal Skilled Worker Program—(FSWP)Canada offers a chance to skilled foreign workers based on their skill-sets and abilities for getting Canada permanent settlement.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program—(FSTP)Canada welcomes trade workers who wish to come to Canada permanently once they get a job offer.
- Canada Experience Class—Under this immigration program of Canada, international students as well as temporary foreign workers having full-time work experience of at least 12 months or 24 months of part-time work experience for becoming Canada permanent residents.
Steps to apply for Canada Express Entry
Completion of Express Entry Profile Online—First of all, as an applicant, you shall be required to complete your online profile for Express Entry. It has details about the following-
- Language ability;
- Education qualification;
- Work experience;
- Any other detail needed by immigration officials for the assessment of your application.
Your application shall be selected based on eligibility factors under FSTP, FSWP, or CEC.
If you don’t possess an employment offer supported by LMIA or don’t have a Canadian territorial or provincial nomination, then you will have to get yourself registered with ESDC’s Job Bank. Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)’s Job Bank helps to bring eligible candidates and employers together to help them work in Canada.
You can move ahead by submitting an EOI (Expression of Interest) if you have eligibility to make an application under any of the above-mentioned immigration programs. EOI is nothing but your profile to be submitted to the Express Entry Canada. You will be given a CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score [NN1] after you have submitted your EOI or profile. The ranking is done on the basis of any of the following three factors—
- A job offer;
- Skills and experience;
- Territorial or provincial nomination.
Candidates are given additional points for possessing any of the above-mentioned factors.
The selection of candidates is done on the basis of a draw conducted by the government of Canada every two weeks. Candidates whose profiles have highest ranking in the list of Express Entry are chosen for Canada permanent residence. Such candidates are issued ITAs (Invitation to Apply) by the federal government.
You can submit your duly completed Canada permanent residence application after getting an ITA. Your application shall be processed by Canadian government within a period of four to six months.
Feeling curious to make an application under Canada Express Entry? Get in touch with us to know more. We are here to help you make your Canada immigration under Express Entry fast and easy.