The EB-5 immigrant investor Visa was generated by Congress to flaunt international capital to the United States and create jobs for US employees in the process. In that case, the investor will qualify for PR. To acquire the EB-5 visa, the investor should meet a few key requirements, and deposit documents to show they are eligible.
EB-5 Visa is a prominent technique to acquire a Green Card.
Three major requirements for EB -5 Applicants are as follows:
- The immigrant must invest or set up a business in an existing business which was generated or reincorporated after November 19, 1990.
- The foreigner must have invested $ 1 million (in some cases $500,000) in the enterprise
- The enterprise should generate full-time employment for at least 10 US employees.
The investor can get a Green card under E-B class by investing USD 500,000 into the real estate or business which is controlled by government authorized zonal centre.
The investor and his respective family can get a conditional green card within 14-28 months or maybe more, following the investment and filling the petition for a green card. 2 years after the conditional green card issuance, the investor will be required to file a petition showing that –
(a) The zone in which the zonal center or project is situated has gained economically as an indirect or direct outcome of the investment. If this criterion has been met, green card condition will be eliminated. If criteria will not be met, the green card will be cancelled or
(b) 10 full-time job for United states PR or citizens have been created as an indirect or direct outcome of the USD 500,000 investment.
Regions for employment include:
- Regions that have an unemployment rate that is at least one hundred and fifty per cent of the national average.
- Countryside areas, known as any region different from one within urban statistical region or within the borderline of a metropolis or township with residents of twenty thousand or more.
Expert advice is important.
It is not only essential to put money into the US to get Green card, but there are particular conditions that must be met to get EB-5 visa.
As there is a large amount of office work involved, investors for the Visa need an expert guide who not only have the ability to prepare application properly but can also persuade immigration officer for applicant’s excellence by filing excellent paperwork.