It is a non-immigrant visa to support non-permanent or occasional agricultural employees who come to the US to join the farming section. Non-Permanent farming employees are the one who complete work that will not take more than one year to completes. On the other hand, occasional farming employees are those who finish particular occasional labour. There is no limit on the number of the H-2 visas permitted.
There are chances that your application for the H-2 visa is not accepted. The application will not be accepted in the following cases:
- The boss has earlier breached the conditions of H-2 visa.
- The boss did not file the office work appropriately.
- There are sufficient US employees who can finish the labour.
- The boss is not able to meet the condition of the safety of the worker.
- The boss did not try to engage/hire US employees.
H-2 Visa can also be changed into other kinds of visa, if you get a job and for that the new visa is mandatory. For this, your new boss needs to abide by relevant steps to acquire that visa.
The Nature of the work finished by the visa holder varies so processing time to complete the application also varies. Generally, the boss will file the office work at a minimum of sixty days and not more than one hundred and twenty days before they want the employee to begin the work.