Process to acquire TN Visa
Under USMCA (NAFTA) agreement all the Canadians and Mexicans can acquire TN Visa if they have a job offer in the US. This Visa can be obtained at a US Canadian border or airport provided applicants have all the necessary documents with them. Visa Officer will check the required documents and then grant TN Visa.
TN Visa does not apply to foreign immigrants. USMCA have a list of jobs which if offered to Canadian or Mexican citizens on a temporary basis makes them eligible for TN Visa. It is a very speedy way to get TN Visa with a minimum document requirement.
Documents needed for TN Visa
One needs a birth certificate or passport along with the proof of citizenship. Candidate must be eligible under Chapter 15, Schedule 2 Of NAFTA.
Conditions for Mexican Citizens
There are different ways for Mexican citizens to apply for this Visa. Sequence to complete this process may vary in different US embassies where you opt to apply. You need to follow instructions on the website where you will do the following:
- Fill out online visa application
- Arrange an Interview
- Be ready to face Interview
- Necessary documents should be arranged (passport, non-immigrant visa application, application payment receipt, photo, etc.)
- Take part in Visa interview
Canadian citizens don’t necessarily need USMCA Professional Visa.
Canadian citizens can ask for TN visa, and it will be issued on request to the qualified candidate. But generally, they don’t require TN Visa.
Easy Criteria to apply for TN Visas
New Trade deal UMCA replaced the old trade deal NAFTA in 2018. According to this deal, Mexican and Canadian citizens can work in the USA and apply the same while at the airport.
- * TN visas deal with jobs which have a fixed period of three years or less than that. Contract jobs are best suitable in this category with renewal facility available in them.
- * Profession mentioned in Appendix 1603.D.1 of NAFTA and Canadians in that Profession can get TN Visas.
- * All the requirements for each profession are mentioned in Appendix 1603.D.1. Every job needs some minimum level of education or credential requirements. Most of the jobs will require a bachelorette degree in the area of probable job.
- * Your employer should give you an offer letter in which relevant information is mentioned like start and end date your duties and benefits you will get.
- * Along with offer letter you need to collect your employer’s business detail, for example, how many people work under him, finance information and other facts related to business.
- * Custom officials will interview you once you head to the US and will ask you all the necessary questions related to your visit there. Canadians get their TN visa request processed on the same day mostly or within the next 24 hours. The whole process may take around one hour.
* Your job offer letter
* A valid passport
* Employer supporting documents
* College degree or transcripts copies
* Your license to be confirmed by your professional association and letter confirming that
* Your previous employment offer letter and agreement
* Paperwork showing that you will return to Canada which may include ownership of Canadian real estate, investment or vehicles.
* You should also keep US currency for TN Visa processing fee which costs $56: $50 for Visa and in addition to that $6 for your 94 card which you need along with your passport as you need to have a driving license and social security number in the United States.
* Dependents under 21 years can also join you as they cannot work but can attend any educational institution within the US. For that, they need TD Visa. Your partner needs a passport, birth certificate and wedding certificate while your dependent require only passport and birth certificate. If your dependent is more than 21 years old, then your child is not eligible for TD Visa.
You can apply for your family Individual Taxpayer Identification Number at nearest IRS office as your dependents will require this to open a bank account, register in school and to avail health insurance and other benefits of your employment.
An experienced immigration attorney can help in successful Visa approval.
I think the above-mentioned information is in the best of your interest. We are here to guide you at each step with our experience. It is always advisable to hire an experienced immigration lawyer.
Ask Straight Visas for getting US Immigration solutions! To get started, simply fill our form…………
——— —————– ————————- ——————— ——————— ——————
TN Visa List of Occupations
In case your occupation is not in NAFTA list contact Straight Visas.
TN Visa List of Occupations—
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Recreational Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Scientist
- Dairy Scientist
- Plant Breeder
- Poultry Scientist
- Soil Scientist
- College Teacher
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Disaster Relief Insurance Adjuster
- Graphic Designer
- Hotel Manager
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Designer
- Land Surveyor
- Lawyer (including Quebec Notary)
- Librarian, Management Consultant
- Range Manager/Conservationist
- Research Assistant (post-secondary)
- Scientific Technician/Technologist
- Technical Publications Writer
Get details from Straight Visas Today!!!
- US Job offer should be consistent with your Education
- US job offer should appear on the NAFTA LIST
- US job offer should not exceed three years
- US job offer letter should be formatted appropriately with all relevant information
- When you apply, READ and UNDERSTAND all your documentation
- Your resume should be [NN2] well organized and complete
- Employment references should be consistent and relevant
- Bring a valid Canadian Passport for at least three years
- Foreign degrees and diplomas should be evaluated as equivalent to Canadian or US Standards
- Get your TN Documentation reviewed by an Immigration Professional consultant like Straight Visas.
Excellent opportunity for those without college degree under TN Visa
You can also work in the US without a college degree. There are a number of occupations which are as follows:
1. Scientific technologist
2. Computer Analyst
3. Management consultant
Above mentioned Occupations don’t require a college degree. Computer analyst is not a computer programmer; it is an occupation that involves working with a computer.
Management consultant occupation is concerned with the organization and solving of problems. TN Management Consultant Visa includes Canadians and Mexicans who want to work in the US on a temporary basis.
In the beginning, this Visa is valid for three years.
TN Management consultant Visa conditions:
* One must be a Canadian or Mexican citizen
* Profession should be eligible under the regulations
* The position needs NAFTA professional to work in the US
* Your job should be part-time or full time under any employer in the US instead of self-employment
* You should be having the necessary qualification required for the profession.
Procedure to apply for TN Management Consultant Visa
Being a Canadian citizen may or may not qualify you for TN Visa unless you present yourself at US border with necessary documents and applicable fees. Your would-be employer can also apply on your basis. For a Mexican citizen to apply at the US embassy, you need TN Visa, and you can apply for entry to the US after your Visa is approved.
We, Straight Visas, are here to help you at each step and make things happen for you. When we are here you need not worry, stay relaxed.
1. We know the TN Management consultant Visa process.
2. We can help you to get TN Visa and work in the US
3. We are aware of the requirements of the US immigration department. As experienced professional, we can successfully help you reach your goals.
So, relax and fill out our immigration form and we will get back to you within a day to discuss everything.
Comprehensive guidance is mandatory otherwise, you may risk getting your TN Visa cancelled. We will be telling you which border to go for your TN Visa interview as every border have their own standards. You need to properly prepare your application to get it approved.
You can trust us on this completely. You need legal advice which we can provide you easily and in a simple way. We will provide you with knowledge in a simple way which you can understand easily. We don’t doubt your capability to apply on your own, but no one is perfect. We can make things easily manageable for you.
Call Straight Visas Today for Professional guidance!!!
[NN1]Please reconsider this paragraph. It’s a bit confusing.
[NN2]TN Visa: Fast Track to US Work Visa. https://www.visaplace.com/usa-immigration/us-work-visas/tn-visa-applications/