UK Start-Up Visa offers a remarkable chance to foreigners who are willing to set up or handle a business in the UK.
You can make an application for a UK Start-up visa subject to the following conditions—
- If you hail from outside the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland
- If you fulfil other eligibility conditions
- If you want to establish a business in the UK.
You have to meet the following:
- You should be not less than 18 years;
- You should fulfil the requirement of English language
- You should be able to provide proof of having sufficient personal funds to support your stay in the UK.
Funds required for UK Start-up Visa:
You must have not less than £945 in your account in the band for a period of 90 continuous days before making an application.
To get an endorsement, you need to fulfil the following condition:
You have to get an endorsement from any certified body that happens to be—
- Either a business organization has a history of assisting UK entrepreneurs; or
- Any UK higher education institute.
Moreover, you shall have to prove that your business concept is—
- A fresh idea since you are not allowed to invest/join in any existing or trading business;
- New and innovative as you need to have some real business concept which entirely differs from an idea already prevalent in the market.
- Any feasible idea of having the capacity for development.
How much time it takes for processing of your visa?
It is advisable to make an application for your UK Start-up Visa around three months before your stipulated time of travel.
Meanwhile, you need to be aware that it takes around 3 weeks to get your visa processed after you make an application while you are outside the UK.
Fee for UK Start-up Visa:
|For whom you are applying
|Applying (outside the UK)
|Switch (in the UK)
|Yourself (From Turkey/Macedonia)
|All dependents (each person)
Duration of your stay in the UK:
Your legal period of stay in the UK can be for 2 years when you are on Start-up visa. There is no provision of extension of this UK visa. However, you can switch to Tier 1(Entrepreneur)Visa in the following conditions:
- If you made a switch to Start-up visa from a Tier 1(Graduate Entrepreneur) visa for your second year;
- You have already successfully completed second year while being on a Tier 1(Graduate Entrepreneur) visa.
What will happen if your endorsement body withdraws endorsement for you? See, if this happens, then your UK Start-up visa shall become short. And if you are desirous of living in the UK for a longer period, you shall have to make an application once again with a new endorsement body before the expiry of your present UK Start-up Visa.
What are your rights in the UK while being on a UK Start-up Visa?
You enjoy several privileges after coming to the UK on a UK Start-up visa. You enjoy the following:
- You can switch to this UK visa from any other UK visa streams;
- You are allowed to work for your own business and still take up another employment;
- You can bring your family with you.
Meanwhile, you are not allowed to do the following:
- undertake any work outside of your business;
- Work as a professional athlete, dentist, doctor etc.
- Receive any public money.
- Get settled in the UK while being on UK Start-up visa.